Cerebral Palsy Birth Injuries
Cerebral palsy is a type of brain damage that impairs a person’s ability to control their own movements and can affect balance, coordination, posture, and it can also cause seizures in some patients. While often associated with a birth injury, it’s not always correctly diagnosed at birth. It may be years before a child receives a diagnosis, oftentimes around the age of two or three years old.
At The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm, LLC, we are proud of the results we have obtained for our cerebral palsy patients. One example is a $3,500,000 birth injury settlement we obtained for a family. We have and always will remain committed to helping individuals and families recover fair compensation for their losses in birth injury cases.
Let The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm, LLC, file a claim against the medical professional who delivered your child. To find out if you have a case, fill out our form below or call us today.
Medical Malpractice And Cerebral Palsy
Labor and/or delivery complications that can then lead to birth injuries include:
- Your baby’s heart rate was low during delivery
- Your baby was “blue” at the time of birth
- You experienced a prolonged labor period or there was a delay in delivery
- The baby’s position was wrong or there was a breech situation
- You needed to have an emergency or unexpected caesarian section (C-Section) delivery
- A vacuum extractor was used by a doctor to aid in delivery
- You or your baby had a previously undiagnosed infection that was discovered at the time of birth
- Your hospital stay following your delivery was long
- Your baby spent a prolonged period of time in the neonatal unit
- Your baby was on a ventilator after delivery
Cerebral palsy may occur as a result of:
- Failure to monitor: The failure of medical staff to monitor the child’s heart rate and oxygen levels which may result in cerebral palsy
- Fetal distress: The failure to respond to emergency situations which may result in cerebral palsy
- Failure to perform a caesarian section: The failure to timely perform a C-section in times of lack of oxygen, which may result in cerebral palsy
The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm, LLC, recovered a $3,000,000 settlement for an Ohio family after we successfully linked obstetrical negligence to the child’s birth injury.
If your infant was diagnosed with cerebral palsy or if your child was injured at birth, let The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm, LLC, file a claim against the medical professional who delivered your child. To find out if you have a case, fill out our contact form or call us today at 216-861-8888 or 877-977-3476 (toll-free).