Cerebral Palsy Birth Injuries
Cerebral palsy is a form of brain damage that impairs control of movement and often causes seizures. It is not always recognizable at birth, and may not be diagnosed until a child is two or three years old.
At The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm we are proud of our results, which include a $3,500,000 birth injury settlement, and remain committed to helping cerebral palsy patients recover compensation for their losses.
Let The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm file a claim against the medical professional who delivered your child. To find out if you have a case, fill out our form below or call us today.
Medical Malpractice & Cerebral Palsy
Signs that can suggest complications with labor and delivery that may have resulted in a birth injury include:
- Your baby had a low heart rate during delivery
- Your baby was “blue” at birth
- An extended period of labor, or other delay in delivery
- The baby’s position was wrong or there was a breech
- An unexpected need for a Caesarian delivery, or C-Section
- Your doctor had to use a vacuum extractor to aid delivery
- A previously unrecognized infection was discovered
- You had a long hospital stay after delivery, or spent time in a neonatal unit
- Your baby was on a ventilator after delivery
Cerebral palsy may occur as a result of:
- Failure to MonitorThe failure of medical staff to monitor the child’s heart rate and oxygen levels which may result in cerebral palsy
- Fetal DistressThe failure to respond to emergency situations which may result in cerebral palsy
- Failure to Perform a Caesarian SectionThe failure to timely perform a C-section in times of lack oxygen which may result in cerebral palsy
The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm recovered a $3,000,000 settlement for an Ohio family after we successfully linked obstetrical negligence to the child’s birth injury.
If your infant was diagnosed with cerebral palsy or if your child was injured at birth, let The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm file a claim against the medical professional who delivered your child. To find out if you have a case, fill out our form below or call us today at 216-861-8888.