Every type of surgery has risks, and those risks may include severe, permanent injury or even death. However, it is important to understand that explaining risks and having patients sign consent forms does not protect doctors, other surgical professionals or their medical care facilities from liability for some surgical errors.
Has An Act Of Surgical Negligence Changed Your Life Forever?
If you strongly believe that a mistake during surgery caused severe injury or the wrongful death of a loved one, we want to know about it at The Skolnick Weiser Law Firm, LLC, in Cleveland. Our medical malpractice attorneys have the knowledge and resources to assess your potential claim.
Essentially, all medical malpractice lawsuits require proof that the applicable standard of care was violated. It is also necessary to establish that, had a preventable mistake not occurred or a different action been taken, the patient's medical outcome would likely have been significantly better. We work with leading medical professionals nationwide in the analysis and pursuit of valid surgical negligence claims.
Our lawyers' diligence in upfront evaluation and thorough case building has led to many substantial settlements and verdicts for clients across Ohio. We are prepared to consider suspected surgical errors that include:
- Operation on the wrong body part
- Choice of the wrong surgical method when an alternative method was necessary — such as a procedure using a scope rather than open surgery
- Failures to respond effectively to complications such as the nicking of an artery or duct
- Failures to take necessary and reasonable steps to prevent post-surgical infections, bleeding or other life-threatening conditions
- Anesthesia errors that may cause permanent brain injury or death
Request A Free Evaluation Of Your Potential Malpractice Claim
Most adverse surgical outcomes occur despite the best efforts and proper techniques of the medical professionals involved. A small percentage are due to malpractice, and we absolutely respect your desire for straight answers and guidance on your legal right to compensation. For counsel you can trust, please email us or call 216-706-9722 or 800-566-5002 (toll free).